Thursday 27 June 2013

Simple Words...of Introduction!


via Pinterest
Have you ever witnessed a grand opening of something new or the introduction of something or someone important? A great deal of fanfare is often involved including the rolling of drums, the blaring of dramatic suspenseful music, the clapping of hands, the shining of blinding spotlights, the raining of balloons, and the flashing of many cameras. It is something usually expected. 


However, as Edith Schaeffer pointed out in her book, L'Abri
No, trumpets don't blow in life...as they would if we were putting on a play with sound effects. But we hear the faint echo in memory as we look back.
I've often thought of this. Everyday life just passes us by with its simple and often monotonous and mundane tasks and events, while  all the while we are dreaming of 'that' great event(s) that would somehow change our lot or give us extra excitement and adventure. 

There is nothing wrong in dreaming or wishing for adventure. I do that often and I think its a good thing. In fact, many of those dreams are part of God's will and desire to fulfil in our lives. But I often wonder that in our dreaming we often miss the real, simple things of everyday life...the everyday tasks, events, and relationships...the small things that He has placed in our lives. I'm beginning to learn that they are just as important as the big things...at times even more so. Because that's where character really develops and life is really lived before God and fellow man. Often those little things in our lives become great things in hindsight and we wish then we had taken better notice and learned something extra special from them. 


I'm a Tolkien lover (as many of you will not fail to notice). One of my favourite 'race' of people in Tolkien's Middle-Earth are the Hobbits of the Shire! I just love Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise, Merry and Pippin...I enjoy watching the goodness and the simplicity in their everyday life. It is not really a naive sort of simplicity...for I also see a depth and a profoundness there that is so amazing and touching, too, especially in the hero characters. I like to think, like Tolkien, that I'm a Hobbit...that is at heart...not size! 


via Pinterest
In fact, this is what has inspired this blog. I've enjoyed blogging in Beacons of the Past, and I'll continue to do so, by God's grace, as time and inspiration allows. But I wanted a place for a 'wider scope for the imagination'. A place where I can share those simple things in my everyday life in which I see glimpses of His care, tenderness, beauty, and grandeur. The things that He uses in my life to disciple me and make me grow in Him. 



So, even though, drums may not be actually rolling nor trumpets blaring for the launching of this new blog, nor for that matter, when you wake up in the morning to face a new day with all its events and responsibilities - either big or small - know that you serve a great God and Redeemer who cares for the small, simple details as well as the big things. 

So, with Bilbo Baggins I say...


It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life!






4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the launching of your new blog, Sarah dear, 'tis really looking beautiful and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to have you back at blogging and reading your wonderful posts. This post was just so beautiful. I loved it, Sarah. You know I did ;). I love how you capture the simple and the profound together so beautifully. I love you, dear Sarah <3 *hugs*
    Ooo, and if you please, could you join my blog-party? I'd be sooo happy.

    Love,
    your Joyful Joy <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, dearest Joy! You don't know just how much your encouragement and support mean to me. Love you <3
      Thanks for tagging me! I'll be more than happy to join your lovely blog party!

      Love,
      Your Sarah :)

      Delete
  2. ah dear Sarah so lovely to have you blogging again and yes there are many many things of our every day simple lives we dont not lift up our voices enough and thank God for them, every blessing dear Sarah and Gods keeping on your heart always, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Shaz, for your encouragement and support. It means a lot to me.
      In His Love,
      Sarah

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...